HISTORY OF THE SOCIETY
We have come a long way since the first meeting at the Wilfred Lawson Temperance Hotel in March 1932, when the title of the very first talk was simply ‘Woodford’. In 2012 we celebrated our 80th anniversary. Over the years since its formation the society has undergone a number of name changes until in 1983 the present name was decided upon.
The scope of the society is as wide as the interest of its members and we are always pleased to know of any members in the process of undertaking research into the many aspects of Woodford and its environs, we welcome suggestions for new speakers and topics for our meetings and articles for our newsletters.